Tuesday 9 April 2013

ELLIES AWESOME AMAZING EOTC RECOUNT!!!!


                                                                      
    EOTC WEEK        11TH -14TH MARCH 2013 
  Name: ELLIE HARRIS                              Date: 17/3/2013
 
EOTC week was AMAZING! I had a fabulous time. The week flew by with lots             of amazing activities to do.
I’m going to talk to you about…….
SHELTER BUILDING:
Shelter Building was AWESOME! I had lots of fun, Kyla, Rhianna and I stuffed our faces but before I talk to you about that, we did shelter building. We went through knot camp, learning how to tie knots. We were given a knot chart with 10 kinds of knots. Of course number 1 was really simple but when we got to number 10 it was super hard. We gave up after a while and went outside and started to build our shelter. It was a sprint to grab the right size bamboo and twine.  We had gathered all our equipment and thought of design ideas. We started off with a tepee and we did that design but half way through we started to extend.  It was now a mansion tepee. It was huge! We threw over the tarpaulin and pegged it down with tent pegs. It was secure and we climbed inside. A few minutes later we started to roast. “Open a window, turn the air conditioning on. I’m roasting!”  Rhianna started to dismantle the tents back end, then a sudden breeze came flowing in, ahhhhhhh, it was so cool. Lunch time came and we abandoned our shelter to stuff our faces with pancakes, sausages and honey bacon. I brought out my gas cooker and frying pan and started to cook. We did the bacon first. It sizzled and spat everywhere so I turned the temperature down. We ate all the bacon then cooked some pancakes. They went really quickly and then we opened the sausages, the smell of bacon and marshmallows put me off, I was stuffed but Kyla and Rhianna still ate. But unknown to us our shelter was falling down so we all ran over to it. Rhianna and Kyla were trying to hold it up while I was pegging it down, but all of a sudden it collapsed. I felt like crying all our hard work all had died and Rhianna and Kyla said oh well it was the end of the day anyway, they were right I was over reacting. So we just left it and started to pack up our cooking stuff. Overall, it was fun apart from having to pack away our shelter. It will be a day I will remember for a long time.
 
     BY ELLIE HARRIS                                           
                                                   

1 comment:

  1. wow nice Ellie EOTC week so sounds incredible!! I wish I was there!! so AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete